Truxton recently went in for his 6 month well baby check (when he was 7 months old, because the medical staff and facilities really sucks out here, not our doctors though) but he was 15 lbs. 5 oz. and was 26 3/4 inches long. He is developing and is ahead in some areas. He is a little on the skinny side, but I guess that's what he gets for eating like a pig and then burning off the calories before any of them can stick. He is such a busy bee and is always on the move. He is such a little explorer and is so curious about everything. He still loves to be outside and to go for walks and be around other people. He is a HUGE flirt (thank you Cowley genes) and is always willing to throw his charming little smile at anyone who will give him some attention. He was sleeping through the night, but after our trip home, he reverted back to waking up once every night. But last night he did really well so maybe we are back on schedule.
I currently don't have any pictures of Truxton's friends but I will soon. Almost every friday (not every friday, but almost) some of my friends get together and have playdates with our kids. It is nice for adult conversation and to trade ideas and woes.
At playgroup, there is Charlie is almost 2o months, Donel is 11 months, Truxton who is now 7 months (!!HOLY COW!!), Evan is 5 months, and Luka is 4 1/2 months. And soon another little boy will be added. I think Jessica will be having baby boy the end of august. Then there are is other friends. Joshua who was born the same day, Eli is 4 1/2 months, but just recently moved to Utah, and his girlfriends, Sarah Beth is 4 months, Ella is 6 1/2 months, and Melissa was just born on tuesday the 15th. It's amazing how many babies can be born in such a short amount of time. But that couldn't be because there is nothing better to do out here in the middle of nowhere, then to make babies!! But it is awesome because then you have friends that you can relate to and share something in common with.
Even though I really struggle with living here and have a really hard time saying positive things about it, I am grateful for my experience here and for the friends I have made and the experiences I will carry with me. I won't be sad to leave here in another year, but I will be sad to leave the friends we have made.
I currently don't have any pictures of Truxton's friends but I will soon. Almost every friday (not every friday, but almost) some of my friends get together and have playdates with our kids. It is nice for adult conversation and to trade ideas and woes.
At playgroup, there is Charlie is almost 2o months, Donel is 11 months, Truxton who is now 7 months (!!HOLY COW!!), Evan is 5 months, and Luka is 4 1/2 months. And soon another little boy will be added. I think Jessica will be having baby boy the end of august. Then there are is other friends. Joshua who was born the same day, Eli is 4 1/2 months, but just recently moved to Utah, and his girlfriends, Sarah Beth is 4 months, Ella is 6 1/2 months, and Melissa was just born on tuesday the 15th. It's amazing how many babies can be born in such a short amount of time. But that couldn't be because there is nothing better to do out here in the middle of nowhere, then to make babies!! But it is awesome because then you have friends that you can relate to and share something in common with.
Even though I really struggle with living here and have a really hard time saying positive things about it, I am grateful for my experience here and for the friends I have made and the experiences I will carry with me. I won't be sad to leave here in another year, but I will be sad to leave the friends we have made.
2 comments:
Looks like you have your hands full! Having play dates are a great idea. It is nice to have other kids to entertain your child, rather than you all the time!
I agree. It has been really good for Truxton too. Whenever we see them other places like the grocery store he gets all excited. It's funny.
Post a Comment